YES! Magazine would like you to know that their offices are on Bainbridge Island, just off of busy Madison Ave. at 284 Madrona Way NE. They’ve been toiling away in near obscurity for seventeen years while their worldwide presence grows, something their Development Manager, Elizabeth Copland, would like to rectify.
Here are a few other things you should know about YES! Magazine:
- They are the 2013 UTNE Media Awards winner for General Excellence for their inspiring and essential reporting. Congrats!
- They are a nonprofit!
- You won’t find any ads in their publications — print or online.
- They are growing and looking for an Executive Editor.
- They have an entire department for teachers who are looking for ways to bring current news and ideas into their classrooms. There is an education newsletter and curriculum ideas as well as other classroom tools.
- Their stories fall under the categories of: peace & justice, planet, new economy, people power and happiness. Their news looks for the positive aspects of each news story.
- You can write for YES! They document how people are creating a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world. And, welcome submissions that relate directly to this focus.
- When I asked the Friend-Raising party volunteers what they wanted most from the event they said, subscribe to and forward YES! Weekly newsletter. OK, so here you, go, sign up to get great news every week from YES!
- If you prefer a quarterly magazine, you can subscribe here: the next issue is about food!